East Brunswick, New Jersey
- Customer: Hollister Construction Services, LLC
- Delivery Method: Plan & Spec, Design Build
- Service Offering: Mechanical, Service & Maintenance
- Project Description: In 2015, AeroFarms broke ground on their ninth facility, a re-purposed steel mill destined to become the largest vertical farm in the world. This 69,000 square foot space now produces over 2 million pounds of leafy greens each year. Acting as the Design-Builder, Limbach was tasked with finding a solution for the facility's mechanical system that was over-engineered and over-budget to satisfy the necessary growing conditions and reduce energy consumption. Our team's solution included redesigning and installing the full HVAC system, finding harmony between CAPEX and OPEX with an appropriate balance of control and precision. This was a monumental project for Limbach as it was our first Indoor Environmental Agriculture project.
- Completion Date: July 2016
- Total Project Cost: N/A