COVID-19 Limbach Strategy
The following guidelines are based on what we currently know about COVID-19. This information and advice were obtained from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services). As this issue evolves we will update this guidance. Limbach will implement this guidance on a company-wide basis.Limbach’s expectation is that all parties will adhere to the most stringent requirements to ensure compliance and the safest possible working conditions for all.
EXPECTATIONS OF ALL LIMBACH LOCATIONS
- Office employees: the Company has decided to allow employees to work from home under certain conditions during the coronavirus situation. Employees will be able to work from home when the following applies:
- They show symptoms of the virus which leads to them being quarantined
- Day care challenges that require them to be home for their children
- Other reasons which are presented to the Branch Manager, Corporate Department Manager or the President of LEDS.
If employees are diagnosed with the Coronavirus (COVID-19) or are sick with flu-like symptoms, they are instructed to stay home under our sick leave policy.
- Service operations: we will be providing instructions to our technicians, including guidance around personal protection.
- Construction sites: we are reaching out to our customers to understand their actions or directives they are providing, so we can be in lockstep with them, providing we agree to their directives.
- All non-essential travel is cancelled including face-to-face national meetings. Essential business travel should be limited to those situations where business cannot reasonably be conducted without a face-to-face interaction or job site visits.
- Meetings of six or more shall occur via conference calls, Google Hangouts, or other tele-communications.
- All non-essential training is suspended. Essential safety training shall continue as needed but in smaller group settings in which close contact between participants is avoided.
- All employees should routinely clean all frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, and doorknobs. Use the cleaning agents that are usually used in these areas and follow the directions on the labels.
- Limbach will require additional cleanings on current job site trailers, break areas, and branch offices. (Including increased air-filter changes, increasing the number of air exchanges, and increasing the number of cleaning services per week.)
- All mass common break areas (e.g., hospital cafeterias, multi-wide jobsite trailers) will stop being used, allowing employees to break in smaller groups or in their private vehicles.
- No visitors (e.g., sales, cold-calls) will be allowed to enter Limbach offices or job sites without an approved appointment. (Scheduled deliveries are an approved appointment)
- All tools should be wiped down before use.
- Limbach will continue to provide proper personal protective equipment (PPE) for all tasks including working with and around HVAC equipment, plumbing, piping and control systems. This includes changing filters, UV lights, and other infectious disease concerns. All PPE protocols should be continued to be used as required by manufacturers’ requirements. Any concern with a specific task shall contact the local safety department for additional guidance.
- Limbach employees working in high risk facilities such as hospitals, nursing homes or other medical facilities shall abide by the facilities’ protocols including daily health evaluation and fever checks, if implemented.
- All Limbach employees shall avoid close contact and put distance between themselves and other persons, including while walking around in public areas of our customer locations. (Medical facilities will have all potential virus carriers in masks and away from the public, lowering the risk to our employees and partners.)