MINIMIZING DISRUPTION DURING THE PHILADELPHIA MILLS RENOVATION PROJECT.
Philadelphia Mills Renovation
Philadelphia Mills / PGW
Virtual Design & Construction (BIM Modeling)
Limbach was tasked with replacing – 24,500 feet of old carbon steel gas pipe on the roof of a large shopping complex in Philadelphia.
- The shopping center must remain operational
- Limit the inconvenience and noise constraints for the tenants
- Hot work was not permitted on the roof
In order to replace the five miles of gas pipe, our team had to develop an innovative solution in order to limit the disruptions to the mall’s daily operations. Our solution included:
- Developing a thorough phasing plan so our work was performed after operational hours
- A site safety plan was developed to ensure hot work was not performed on the roof, hot work areas were located and followed by our team and all trade partners
- The shopping center was able to stay open and operate as normal
This project was also awarded the GBCA 2019 Project Safety Awarded.