PROVIDING BETTER CONTROL FOR PPG DELAWARE.
PPG Make-Up Air Unit Replacement Project
Engineering and Design
Virtual Design & Construction (Scanning Services)
Building Automation & System Integration
This makeup air unit served the testing lab within PPG Delaware. Because of the age of the unit, PPG had trouble controlling the space temperature, pressurization, and humidity. The room that this unit served is a testing tab so control of the temperature was crucial.
- Trouble controlling the space temperature, pressurization & humidity
- Prop function and control of the lab
We replaced the existing makeup air unit with a new energy-efficient makeup air unit that included a heat recovery system. We also replaced the existing pneumatic control system with a new DDC system.
- Provided better control of the system’s functionality
- Adequate cooling for the lab testing space
- Optimized energy consumption with the addition of the heat recovery system minimizing energy usage throughout the space.